AFIII Into Orbit - original heavy rock instrumental

jerotas

Experienced
For those who may be into that sort of thing. I released this CD years back, but finally getting around to getting it all on Youtube.
Here's the first song, Into Orbit. It's a rocker. I hope you enjoy.

Any feedback appreciated. Entirely self-produced.

If you prefer a live version, check this out instead:

This was done on the Axe-Fx Ultra, actually.

The album is available on iTunes, Amazon, Apple Music, and basically everywhere now, for those who which to support my music.

Thank you!
Brian

Last edited:
Brian - I have been listening to your album for years and have always loved it! Amazing songwriting and playing. Do another one!!

Brian - I have been listening to your album for years and have always loved it! Amazing songwriting and playing. Do another one!!
Thank you for dropping me a line and for the compliments! I am doing another album, it will be vocal tunes this time though. Just getting back into it the last year. I wanted to get my tunes out to as many ears as possible now. Making money is not the objective here, exposure is.

Excellent Brian, great playing and production.

FB: If it was me, I would've had the drums a bit hotter in the mix, perhaps with a splash of short bright room or plate to help them pop through the wall of geeters, just a db or two etc, or possibly maybe just a little EQ peak to get them out there (cymbals are fine)?

Fantastic though, well done!

Excellent Brian, great playing and production.

FB: If it was me, I would've had the drums a bit hotter in the mix, perhaps with a splash of short bright room or plate to help them pop through the wall of geeters, just a db or two etc, or possibly maybe just a little EQ peak to get them out there (cymbals are fine)?

Fantastic though, well done!
Good idea, thanks for it! This album was entirely programmed drums with Steven Slate (kick/snare/toms) and Superior Drummer for the cymbals and hi-hat. Next time I'm getting a real drummer. Glad you enjoyed!

Good idea, thanks for it! This album was entirely programmed drums with Steven Slate (kick/snare/toms) and Superior Drummer for the cymbals and hi-hat. Next time I'm getting a real drummer. Glad you enjoyed!
We use Slate a lot as well, including live, great sounding drums!

For those who may be into that sort of thing. I released this CD years back, but finally getting around to getting it all on Youtube.

The album is available on iTunes, Amazon, Apple Music, and basically everywhere now, for those who which to support my music.

Thank you!
Brian

Hi Brian, Great tone and playing. Production is very good also as far as the whole mix goes. I do instrumental rock as well. So, I love that Genre.
I will check out your whole album. Check out some of my tunes I have posted here on the forum, I could use your feedback. Best regards, Luke.

Hi Brian, Great tone and playing. Production is very good also as far as the whole mix goes. I do instrumental rock as well. So, I love that Genre.
I will check out your whole album. Check out some of my tunes I have posted here on the forum, I could use your feedback. Best regards, Luke.
I will take a look, and thank you!

Somehow, I missed this post. Really nice! I love the production, too.
I'd like to know more about your post-production software, if any(?) because you sound is killer.
I see you live in McKinney; I'm in Garland. 🤠

Last edited:
Somehow, I missed this post. Really nice! I love the production, too.
I'd like to know more about your post-production software, if any(?) because you sound is killer.
I see you live in McKinney; I'm in Garland. 🤠
Oh hey! We go up to Garland fairly often. Glad you enjoyed! I grew up in Seattle, moved down to McKinney last year. We like it much better here. If I grew up in Texas though, I probably wouldn't be nearly the player lol. Nothing to do in Seattle, so I practiced 4-6 hours a day for many years.

What do you mean by post-production software? I record on Cakewalk (dry guitar) and use a bunch of plugins. Then I re-amp the guitars at the end.

Last edited:
What do you mean by post-production software? I record on Cakewalk (dry guitar) and use a bunch of plugins. Then I re-amp the guitars at the end.
That's the stuff I was referring to. Any specific plugins that are favorites?

Last edited:
That's the stuff I was referring to. Any specific plugins that are favorites?
Ok. Yes, but I don't use the same of anything as when the album was recorded. For the lead guitar I didn't do anything post-recording aside from very minor complimentary EQ (against the rhythm guitar using VoxengoEQ to monitor them both with real time frequency analyzer). When I re-amped through AxeFx, my patch had reverb and delay in parallel, and I also used Chorus at 9% mix on clean patches. Just enough to make it sound 3d but not making the tone any thinner. My heavy lead and rhythm patches all had 2 amps at once on the Ultra.

As I recall, I ran Nxstacy plugin on the heavy rhythm guitar and also a small amount of Antares Tube plugin. Nothing major.

For bass amp, back then I used Studio Devil bass amp plugin.

Nowadays one would use FabFilter instead of Voxengo, maybe Vitamin instead of Nxstacy (but use it sparingly) and I'm not sure which tube plugin nowadays.

Anything else you want to know, I can go look up in my projects and see what's there :)

Anything else you want to know, I can go look up in my projects and see what's there :)
Haha, thank you! I'm just interested in your sound and trying to learn about the various recording software/methods/plugins being used out there. You did a nice job with describing the big picture.

Haha, thank you! I'm just interested in your sound and trying to learn about the various recording software/methods/plugins being used out there. You did a nice job with describing the big picture.
No problem. I did spend a good 3 weeks on the Ultra making the clearest high gain patch i could on every single Amp model. It took a lot of work. Cabs are very important and there were some other deep tweaking parameters that were in most cases necessary too. It's way easier on the AxeFx 2 and 3 to get there.

Thank you!
Brian

Hey, where can I get your full album at ? Can you buy an actual cd , or only download ? I like to support my fellow Fractal Users so.......
Thanks, Luke.

Hey, where can I get your full album at ? Can you buy an actual cd , or only download ? I like to support my fellow Fractal Users so.......
Thanks, Luke.
Thanks! Unfortunately, my CDs are all sold out. But I'm only Distokid distribution so I get most of all sales proceeds. You can buy the album on Amazon, iTunes, Apple Music and many other places:)

Back
Top Bottom