Wish internal mixer with dry analogic sound for parallel effect in post

jimi

internal mixer with dry analogic sound for parallel effect in post : perhaps it's impossible......

Last edited:
Could you explain what is is you're trying to do?

And what's analogic sound??

('scuse for my poor english)
when you put the effects in parallel ,the dry sound pass in the digital converter,but it 's much better when this dry line is not numerize like line mixer cae, rjm...
hope you understand

internal mixer with dry analogic sound for parallel effect in post : perhaps it's impossible......

It's totally unnecessary because the converters in the FX8 are the very best you can get.
There's no detectable difference between the signal going through the FX8 or the dry direct signal between guitar and amp.

('scuse for my poor english)
when you put the effects in parallel ,the dry sound pass in the digital converter,but it 's much better when this dry line is not numerize like line mixer cae, rjm...
hope you understand

I would bet any amount of money that you'd be unable to detect any difference between your dry sound and the dry sound run through the FX8... it's the most transparent guitar gear I've ever come across!

ok but i plug it (post only)in a Mark L line mixer : there is a difference (not really in the tonality of the sound) but the sound is more organic and warmer

ok but i plug it (post only)in a Mark L line mixer : there is a difference (not really in the tonality of the sound) but the sound is more organic and warmer

I would suggest that that might be something to do with the FX loop itself... maybe some setup issue... not all fx loops are made the same as well... maybe you need to adjust levels in the FX8?

The FX8 doesn't make things sound colder or less organic, I can promise you this... you can also read reviews of people using the FX8 in their loop and none of them report what you are...

Oh I see... it's a line mixer... don't know anything about that... maybe someone else might...? Anyone?

Last edited:
in fx8 pre, guitar preamp, post fx8, power amp.
no configuration problem
,if you can , try with in parallel fx loop of an amp ....

in fx8 pre, guitar preamp, post fx8, power amp.
no configuration problem
,if you can , try with in parallel fx loop of an amp ....

Aha, you're using the FX8 in a parallel setup. That can cause phase cancellation issues.
Make sure that every effect block in the FX8 preset is set to 100% wet, and don't allow "direct" signal to pass through the grid.

oh yes, i 've worked with a mixer for a long time,and i set the fx8 for this purpose

I would still guess it's some phase issue... what you described is what out of phase sounds like.. then and kinda metallic or sterile.. and yek is right parallel loops are notorious for having phase issues - for all the obvious reasons...

I can't really help you much more than that having not used that piece of gear... but I'd suggest it's a phase issue...

no phase problem before and after but i like the way it sounds now

This is why I was suggesting that it was an FX8 setup issue... because if it's ONLY wet passing through there should be no phase issues and there should be nothing going through the loop when it's dry...

So I'm not sure how the dry sound could be affected...?

This is why I was suggesting that it was an FX8 setup issue... because if it's ONLY wet passing through there should be no phase issues and there should be nothing going through the loop when it's dry...

So I'm not sure how the dry sound could be affected...?

try with a line mixer...

If the line mixer 'warms' the tone, it isn't a neutral mixer. The FX8 sure doesn't make the sound less warm.

It occurs to me that if you're only sending the FX8's wet signal through the mixer then the FX8 isn't actually touching your dry signal at all... the only thing touching your dry signal is the line mixer... unless I'm misunderstanding the situation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom