Integrating Triaxis into Axe FX

vetmedguru

Hello!
I'd like to use my Triaxis in some presets as a preamp. All my trys with the fx-loop failed. Has anybody a solutuion?

thanks Vetmedguru

It is not possible to disable the axe-fx preamp simulation without bypassing the entire amp block, so while it will be easy to get it running through the axe's FX loop, it will behave like a big distortion pedal rather than a preamp.

4 Cable method

Guitar to front of Axe Fx
Output 2 of Axe Fx to front of Tri Axis
Output of Tri Axis to Input 2 of Axe Fx
Output 1 of Axe Fx to power amp of choice

This will allow effects before or after the preamp, when you want to pull in the Tri Axis just assign a loop block to that preset. Do not use the loop of the Tri Axis

I also agree with Chris, just use the Axe Fx . But try it out, it all boils down to preference. I think you may also find it a bit noisy

Hello!
I'd like to use my Triaxis in some presets as a preamp. All my trys with the fx-loop failed. Has anybody a solutuion?

thanks Vetmedguru

First off welcome to the forum. There are a few threads about this if you just do a search on triaxis so I won't reiterate them here, but myself and others have found the 4CM method with the Triaxis is not too usable with high gain due to noise. I was trying it just have it for quick reference in a patch while creating tones for amp and cabinet setup.

I just want to say that as of yet I have NOT been able to duplicate my triaxis tones on the axe ii. A million other great tones, but not those yet. Still a digital "plastic" thing I'm wrestling with in the highs, but I feel the tones are in there underneath...

4 Cable method

Guitar to front of Axe Fx
Output 2 of Axe Fx to front of Tri Axis
Output of Tri Axis to Input 2 of Axe Fx
Output 1 of Axe Fx to power amp of choice

This will allow effects before or after the preamp, when you want to pull in the Tri Axis just assign a loop block to that preset. Do not use the loop of the Tri Axis

I also agree with Chris, just use the Axe Fx . But try it out, it all boils down to preference. I think you may also find it a bit noisy

I have a Sansamp PSA1 preamp..
I found that when it had other fx in it's fx-loop or following it things were generally fine noise wise...
but popping that into the fx-loop of another preamp type unit was not so nice.. crap thin tone and a ton of noise...
I'm wondering if the TriAxis would behave similarly.. the general vibe being 'preamps don't often play nice in the fx loop of another preamp'

Back
Top Bottom