Installed Axe-Edit before the drivers... Any damage to Axe-Fx II?

none_user

Hi all!

So I just received my Axe II a few minutes ago and of course I just started messing with with!

It comes with Aires 1.03 firmware that I later I plan to to upgrade to 2.0.

I plugged the Axe II, my guitar, my headphones - started browsing some presets. Everything great!

Any way... I have slight O.C.D. disease and everything i touch or play with is a bit of a stress to me, as I keep think I made a terrible mistake or damaged something. :D

So there's what I did, the situation that is driving me nuts, the "problem" that my slight O.C.D. keeps beating on my head....:(

--- Axe-Edit issue

To check the USB connection with Axe-Edit, I installed AXE-Edit without installing first the Windows drivers (with the excitment, I didn'r read that part)...

I connected the Axe II to an USB Hub.

Of course Axe-Edit gave me the "disconnedcted" red indicator...

So, starting to read the Troubleshooting Connectivity and:

• I read that you should not connect the Axe II to an USB hub... I tried to connect the Axe to an USB port on my laptop and nothing.
  • Then I read that you needed to install the Windows drivers first... So, without uninstalling Axe-Edit I installed the Windows drivers. I unplugged the Axe-Fx II, install the drivers and an error message saying that no device was found Connected the Axe-Fx II and the drivers installed correctly.

Opened the Axe-Edit and voilá! Connected!

And my big O.C.D. question:

-> since I installed the Axe-Edit before the Windows drivers, plugged Axe II to an USB Hub, etc., any chance I messed/damaged internally with the USB cirtcuit on the Axe-Fx II?

This my be stupid, but I'm really a noob with technology and my O.C.D. does not help either... And this my O.C.D. is driving me nuts with this simple issue!

Can anyone give me so peace of mind, please, and tell me everything is O.K., nothing wrong with what I did and no harm was made to my brand new acquired Axe II? :)

Thanks in advance!!!

Back
Top Bottom