Input Gate and Scenes

Is it possible to save different input gate settings (not the block, initial input) when you switch through different scenes? I've got a looser configuration for my lead channel and the chain is the same as my rhythm preset with the exception of delay and reverb. I could just replicate the setting with a input gate block i suppose and set it differently visavi x/y settings and turn off the initial input gate but wanted to see if sticking with it was possible.

I pretty much use the same gate settings for clean and distortion/lead tones. I'm fighting noise from my guitar, not the amp.

Maybe set your Input gate for a general gate and add a Gate block enabled in different scenes for anything noisier.

Not at the moment. I asked about/suggested this when scenes were first being talked about.
I think it would be very awesome if the Input Gate could have different states in different scenes.
This would allow for no gate for super clean tones, a slight gate with a driven amp, and a heavy
gate for high gain lead/rhythm tones. Or XY states for the GATE/EXP block. I like the first more. :mrgreen
So +1 :)

I also use different gate settings for different guitars, this would/could make that A LOT easier.

Not at the moment. I asked about/suggested this when scenes were first being talked about.
I think it would be very awesome if the Input Gate could have different states in different scenes.
This would allow for no gate for super clean tones, a slight gate with a driven amp, and a heavy
gate for high gain lead/rhythm tones. Or XY states for the GATE/EXP block. I like the first more. :mrgreen
So +1 :)

I also use different gate settings for different guitars, this would/could make that A LOT easier.

Damn! Guess I'll have to use a different scenes strategy

I pretty much use the same gate settings for clean and distortion/lead tones. I'm fighting noise from my guitar, not the amp.

Maybe set your Input gate for a general gate and add a Gate block enabled in different scenes for anything noisier.

What gate settings do you generally use? I only ask because since 9.0 I am having a lot of feedback issues. I use a RCF monitor and live playing is challenging at the moment without totally squashing dynamics.

I enjoy your insightful videos as you have a much keener grasp on this "box" than I do!

Back
Top Bottom