Input Clipping after Axe Fx III 5.06 Update

Snouttrout

Inspired
My input had to be set really low (10%) on version 5.05 to prevent clipping. After I did a firmware update, the input is clipping even with Input 1/ instrument set at 0.0%. Can someone help? The Input indicator stays in the red and I can actually hear the clipping as well on a clean setting.

My input had to be set really low (10%) on version 5.05 to prevent clipping. After I did a firmware update, the input is clipping even with Input 1/ instrument set at 0.0%. Can someone help? The Input indicator stays in the red and I can actually hear the clipping as well on a clean setting.
To be clear, are you talking about the global setting Instrument Level?

Have you tried a power cycle?

I personally don't own any guitars that even hit the red except very occasionally and mine is on 100%.

5.06 shouldn’t have changed anything. Check your cables. And are you sure you’re looking at the input meter?

The second power cycle fixed it! It also made it to where I didn't have to set my input level to 10%. Now I can set it at 70%. Strange. Thanks so much for you help. I though that one restart was enough to get things to work properly just after that update, but it appears all I needed to do was to power cycle again! Thanks so much!

The second power cycle fixed it! It also made it to where I didn't have to set my input level to 10%. Now I can set it at 70%. Strange. Thanks so much for you help. I though that one restart was enough to get things to work properly just after that update, but it appears all I needed to do was to power cycle again! Thanks so much!
A power cycle should not have let you turn up to 70% from a required 10% before. Something else was going on. I suspect the guitar or cables.

Definitely not normal...

Definitely not normal...

The problem occurs when I recycle the power with the Axe connected to computer with USB. Also Axe FX 3 Edit was still on.

I checked my levels by chugging some riffs and had to reset my input levels to around 10% again. As long as I turn on the power to the Axe first and connect the computer next, I don’t have the strange input clipping, as far as I can tell.

The problem occurs when I recycle the power with the Axe connected to computer with USB. Also Axe FX 3 Edit was still on.

I checked my levels by chugging some riffs and had to reset my input levels to around 10% again. As long as I turn on the power to the Axe first and connect the computer next, I don’t have the strange input clipping, as far as I can tell.
Do you have DAW running?

Back
Top Bottom