Input 2 impedance?

blaggers

Power User
Im looking to whether its better to plug a microphone through a preamp (which needs additional power wiring) or direct into input 2 (via a XLR to TRS cable). Ive seen suggestions that the input impedance should be about 10X the mic output impedance. Does anyone know what the input impedance on input 2 is?

Im looking to whether its better to plug a microphone through a preamp (which needs additional power wiring) or direct into input 2 (via a XLR to TRS cable). Ive seen suggestions that the input impedance should be about 10X the mic output impedance. Does anyone know what the input impedance on input 2 is?
It's 1M as stated in the owner's manual under Specifications.

Ah thanks! I didnt think to check there - I searched this forum and the wiki.. Much appreciated.
I know, I know... I constantly have to suffer the scourge and embarrassment of having read the manuals. While I'm at it, I should admit that I even print them out and keep them up to date in a binder. I know, I know... I'm pretty sure that there is something seriously wrong with me. :confounded:

Back
Top Bottom