Infrequent lockup of the Axe FX

fetishfrog

Inspired
I've had the following issue happen a few times. It doesn't seem preset dependent, but I'll post of couple where it has happened when I get to my other computer.

When I am playing, the Axe stops passing audio, locks up, and emits a high pitch tone, almost like feedback but there's no feedback loop. This happens when I am on headphones or not, whether I am recording or not (I am using SPID/F to an older EMU 1820m interface with the Axe set to master clock). None of the presets I am using are over on CPU.

The only way to resolve is to reboot. Sometimes it goes months in between occurrences, but it's happened twice in the last three weeks.

Anyone had anything similar happen?

I've had the following issue happen a few times. It doesn't seem preset dependent, but I'll post of couple where it has happened when I get to my other computer.

When I am playing, the Axe stops passing audio, locks up, and emits a high pitch tone, almost like feedback but there's no feedback loop. This happens when I am on headphones or not, whether I am recording or not (I am using SPID/F to an older EMU 1820m interface with the Axe set to master clock). None of the presets I am using are over on CPU.

The only way to resolve is to reboot. Sometimes it goes months in between occurrences, but it's happened twice in the last three weeks.

Anyone had anything similar happen?

Does this happen while the editor is connected and running, or just hardware?

Does this happen while the editor is connected and running, or just hardware?

Last night it was just the hardware. I don't recall if prior the editor was connected or not. I'd say 90% of the time the editor is connected.

@AF108 it seems we might be having the same issue. Your thread is linked above. Did you ever get this resolved?

Back
Top Bottom