Wish Indicate which settings are at default values

IronSean

Power User
This is a similar wish to this one to display the default and currently saved valeues but not the same: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/default-currently-saved-block-setting-values.146175/

I think it would be nice if Axe Edit indicated which controls are still at the default values for a block, and which have been modified.

Possible use cases:
  • You're trying to remember which advanced parameters you tweaked on a preset you really like.
  • You're looking at a factory preset or a preset you downloaded, and trying to understand what settings make it sound so good. What tricks the author used you might not know about.
Possible Implementation:
Maybe the indicator on the UI knobs could be grey instead of white, until the knob's value no longer matches the default.
Selection like Saturation Switch could be the same.
However,ON/OFF switches already use a grey to indicate off, so this paradigm might not work there.

Note: Based on the firmware 12.14 thread it looks like Axe Edit doesn't actually know what the default values are. If this is the case Axe Edit either has a separate copy of the default values that isn't always in sync, or actually uses generic default values regardless of the model.

Both of these mean it wouldn't be as easy as just checking the default value and color coding the knob, but instead they'd either need to be all corrected and kept in sync for Axe Edit, or a new process for it to read the defaults when syncing blocks.

So this is probably a ways off if it ever is proritized.

When initializing the amp block, Negative Feedback has the correct default value 2, but when double click on the knob in Axe III Edit, it reverted back to the previous/wrong default value 3.5.

This might be a general issue for double click in Axe III. Here are my questions:
1. Why is the double click revert to a different default value? What does that default value mean v.s. amp's initial default value? Is that just an random value? Then the double click is broken...
2. How do I revert to the correct default value, e.g. the same as when initializing the amp block?
3. How do I revert to the default value when working with the Axe III unit alone without the Axe Edit?

Thanks!
That's the wrong way to do it. The right way to do it is to reset the amp block by deselecting the model and reselecting.

Back
Top Bottom