Inconsistent switching (when two buttons are pressed)

bmzg90

So, coming from the FM3, the FM9 offers a ton of things that I love, but there are a few things that have been kind of hard to get used to -- in particular, there's a behavior with the footswitches that if you have two left feet, like me, and push multiple buttons, the scene will not switch assuming the current scene is one of the buttons pressed. So for example, imagine I'm on a clean tone strumming the chorus and my switches go like [Clean] - [Solo] and my fat foot all hyped up on pre-solo adrenaline feels the cue too much and smashes both buttons. One would expect that if two buttons are pressed, one being the scene I'm on and the other being a new scene, that since I was adding input, a change of state would be more desirable than status quo. But that's not what happens. Instead, I go into a nails-on-chalkboard clean tone solo and trip up over myself as my attention gets pulled away from performing and to figuring out what happened and what to do to fix it...

I attempted some permutations to make sure this behavior is consistent, even in the most biased-towards-changing way -- If I press the solo scene first, then rapidly engage the clean scene as well, then release the clean switch while still holding the solo switch and finally release that, it still stays on clean. There's a deterministic and repeatable preference towards staying on the scene I'm currently on.

Is there any way to have it do literally any other behavior pattern? For example, always prefer to change scenes or even prefer the one that was depressed first or released last? I really feel like the chosen behavior is by far the worst option on the matrix besides choosing a scene at random.

Thanks!

I don’t think it has any behavior or logic for 2 switches at the same time. It just registers the first command since the 2nd switch being pressed is not even recognized as it’s too soon.

Gotta just press the switch you intend.

I did test that by being on scene A, then pressing B and then quickly depressing A while still holding B (as though fat footing both, but definitely hitting B first) and the light for B very briefly lights up, then it goes back to A.

I also tried the opposite in case hitting A after B caused it to revert, but it stayed on A. So it was clearly a bias to A.

For the sake of science, I also did it with B selected and ran both tests to make sure it wasn’t just a bias towards the lower number footswitch as well…

Back
Top Bottom