Importing 3.0 factory presets in a 4.0 clean slate. Do I need to reset the amp block?

JiveTurkey

Power User
So the other night; I blank slated my FM9. Unintentionally as I wanted to keep 4 of my presets but alas; I did not. Oh well. I am actually ok with it.

I found the 3.0 factory presets. I am restoring only a few. Will I need to reset the amp block in each that I keep, seeing as they were made in 3.0 and we are up to 4.0?

So the other night; I blank slated my FM9. Unintentionally as I wanted to keep 4 of my presets but alas; I did not. Oh well. I am actually ok with it.

I found the 3.0 factory presets. I am restoring only a few. Will I need to reset the amp block in each that I keep, seeing as they were made in 3.0 and we are up to 4.0?
No. The FM9 firmware is Cygnus-based and the Amp block should not need resetting. The release notes of a particular firmware will specify if it is necessary.

Back up the system prior to installing a firmware release or when making major changes you don’t want to lose, using Fractal-Bot which is embedded in the Edit application. Then you will not need to worry about losing presets.

The factory presets are handy to keep installed as there are many great examples of how to do things, and blocks that are preconfigured for specific sounds.

No. The FM9 firmware is Cygnus-based and the Amp block should not need resetting. The release notes of a particular firmware will specify if it is necessary.

Back up the system prior to installing a firmware release or when making major changes you don’t want to lose, using Fractal-Bot which is embedded in the Edit application. Then you will not need to worry about losing presets.

The factory presets are handy to keep installed as there are many great examples of how to do things, and blocks that are preconfigured for specific sounds.
Thank you sir. I did the import and if the amps needed resetting; my ears were not hearing that need :hearteyes:

Back
Top Bottom