Implementing a traditional 'pre' pedal board type patch?

sick pickle

Inspired
The more I start to use my FM9 in the local music scene, the more I realize I need to setup a basic 'pedal board' type preset. Most local rehearsal spaces have a Marshall combo, or some sort of amp. It would simplify my setup to just arrive with guitar in mono bag, and my FM9. I would connect to the amp using the 'pre' type setup:

1672940560592.png
I am confused (as always?) about the implementation of this. I can build a simple patch like the example above:

IN1-CMP-WAH-DRV-DLY-REV-OUT3

And ultimately I would probably need to use a 'FC-Per-PRST" override setup? I use the OMFG9 layout, but for this patch, I'd want to maximize the buttons on the hardware as if it was a virtual pedalboard - I don't want to click >>>More to see the other effects?

That leads me to the next point of confusion...let's say on switch 1 I have my Reverb block. How do I handle the 4 possible channels of reverb? Let's say I have a standard reverb sound, but then want another option that loads up Channel B which has more decay and mix? The same would be true for all other blocks, and possible channel variations.

Do I need to rely on SCENES to handle this? If that is the case, I think I would prefer to keep the OMFG9 layout to quickly access scenes?

Anyone have any tips?

Add the switches you want to an unused layout. You can use Scenes and effect and channel switches on the same layout if you need to. You have Tap and Hold functions for each switch.

Add the switches you want to an unused layout. You can use Scenes and effect and channel switches on the same layout if you need to. You have Tap and Hold functions for each switch.
Unused layout? All my layouts are used currently - many are needed for the OMFG9 (not all) but I'd prefer to keep them default. That's why I was thinking it had to be a per-preset override or something.

Unused layout? All my layouts are used currently - many are needed for the OMFG9 (not all) but I'd prefer to keep them default. That's why I was thinking it had to be a per-preset override or something.
You say not all layouts are used. Just design that for what you need. No sense keep something default if it’s not used. Put the switches you need on that unused layout, then use it.

Back
Top Bottom