[implemented] Stabilizing the Pitch Block's Virtual Capo

PRS513

Inspired
I really wish the pitch block was more stable, and I see this topic come up regularly. Any chance this can be looked into next? Don't need an additional block in the Axe-3, but the virtual capo can get really warbly at times, it just sounds unnatural. I've been putting off getting a DigiTech drop tune pedal, but we've been adding more tunes lately that call for one.

Thoughts?...

What guitar, what settings, how bad a warble, how are you monitoring?

Post a preset, post clips.

I used the VC to tune -5 semitones (E standard to B standard) for a few years before I grabbed a guitar to dedicate to the tuning. No issues and i didnt change any tracking settings or anything.

If you arent using headphones, and you can hear your physical guitar plus the shifted tone, its gonna sound weird to awful. Make sure you cant hear the physical guitar.

That would be amazing personally I play shows with a band that uses a certain tuning that i just don’t use at all outside of that project and I already use pitch shifting for that reason but when I use a clean preset is when I hear how the signal kinda falls apart for a second at times so still prefer to tune to the actual pitch for that… with distortion it’s almost unnoticeable in a live environment I’m pretty happy with that at least going down 3 steps at the most. 5 steps it’s just too much… it doesn’t matter how good the pitch shifting is the actual pick attack will sound super weird.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom