Wish Impedance Curve User Values

AndrewJay

Inspired
This request is similar to other's about User Impedance Curves, but different enough I think, to justify it's own post. I would really like a way for users to input their own data into a kind of blank impedance slot. That being the relevant speaker and enclosure technical data provided by their respective manufacturers. Right now, we have options available, but it is in different terms than what speaker manufacturers post. The terms that I generally see are: Nominal impedance, free air resonance frequency, DC resistance, QES, QMS, QTS, VAS, etc.

Perhaps what we already have are in fact those parameters, just in different terms. In which case, maybe if the terms were put into more "familiar" ones, than people would be able to look up their own speakers and enclosures and enter that data without any major changes to the existing software in the Axe. However, I just don't know. I have no background in this, but I'm sure actual knowledgeable people will be able to chime in and provide information on what's possible. The idea, at least in my mind, would be to provide a way for users to have their own speaker impedance curves based on information that is readily available and then fine tune what is not, without the need for specialized tools or a complicated process, from the users perspective. I recognize there are a lot of variables that I just do not know about or understand, but you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom