II vs Ultra

LAYGO

Experienced
Has anyone ever done a direct comparison of a II vs Ultra side by side of similar amps/settings? I know there are several concurrent Ultra/II owners, but I don't recall hearing of or mentioning of a side by side comparison.

I ask because this weekend is the Dallas Axe-FX Get Together (see sig) & I'll have my Ultra AND II & I'm sure something could be worked out. I wouldn't do the playing unless ya'll wanted to hear a comparison of them played as Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

I had both during some days, before selling my ultra.
I successfully converted all my presets to the II, which means Imo the II can do what the ultra does.
But during the conversion process i tried changing some parameters and obtained way better sounds from the II so easily !
My 2cents

The Ultra is mature, you'll never see 12.0, but as is, the second best option available.

The II will under go changes and you'll be reworking presets for years as updates come along.

For some, good enough, stop chasing the dragon results in less tweaking and more playing.

I wasn't sold on the II until 4.0, I finally sold my Ultra.

I still have my Ultra. I've done side-by-side comparisons in the home studio. I get the sounds I'm looking for more easily with the II than with the Ultra, and the end results from the II are always closer to what I have in my head than with the Ultra. That's about the best endorsement I can give.

I have compared them too..........Ultra was kind of still `hi-fi` but the 2 is so much warmer ,fuller , `realer`......in the amp section.........I am using amps which I had never liked in the ULTRA but since the 2 has arrived..........all the amps really sound waaaaaaaaay better.......and so easy to dial , I dial only the lowcut , MV is standard on 8.50 on ALL amps :) ..all amp eq is on 5 , I dont touch any of the advanced stuff .........Tape delay is sooooo great !! and so on...........\\

Grtzzz,
A+

Back
Top Bottom