I'd like to build a multi-instrument live loop rig but I'm a bit confused.

Senescent

I'd like to build a home rig with the ability to loop multiple instruments but I'm a bit overwhelmed. I've only used the looper in the FM9 so this is a pretty big step up for me. These are the instruments/devices I'd like the ability to loop:
  • An electric guitar and bass running into a Fractal FM9
  • A microphone for acoustic instruments
  • A microphone for vocals
  • A Kawai ES120 Keyboard
  • An electronic drum set (I haven't actually bought this yet but I've been looking at Roland V Drums)
I'd like to have all of this plugged into my PC via an interface along with headphones, another microphone, and speakers. I've put together an incomplete (and maybe incorrect) diagram of everything. The RC-600 loop station was recommended to me so I included it in the diagram. I'm a bit lost on some details though which I'll outline below.
  • Do I connect both the FM9 and RC-600 to my interface?
  • How do I connect both the drum set and keyboard to the looper? I believe the RC-600 only has one MIDI in and out so do I need an expansion unit or something?
  • I'd like to get MIDI controllers to start and stop loops when I'm at the drums and keyboard. How does that integrate into the other MIDI connections?
This is a whole new world for me so sorry if these questions are dumb. :tearsofjoy: I really appreciate any help though as I'm super excited to get all of this setup so I can start experimenting.

Thank you!

Apologies for the double post. I can't seem to edit my original post and it wasn't letting me include the diagram image. Hopefully this works:

Back
Top Bottom