I setup my zoom g9.2tt tonight

bonehead

I have a ground control pro and 2 expression pedals but decided I would try the zoom out.
It works perfect. I am able to use all 3 of the expression pedals.Set up 1 for volume,the other for wah.(I LOVE THE AUTO ENGAGE FEATURE) I don't really need the 3rd one but I will figure something out.Patch change is perfect.Effects bypass work perfect. The only issue is the zoom tap tempo button does not send midi info so I had to set up another button on the zoom for that. No big deal. My axe-fx stays in the main rack always wired up and now it only takes 2 midi cords and I am ready to go.I go direct into 2 jbl monitors stereo. No amp onstage. (I get to keep the zoom along with my stomp boxes as a backup as well. I have the zoom setup for a clean amp sim and use a sparkle drive and a sansamp g2 for overdrive tones. The zoom effects sound really good.)
Cheap alternative for anyone looking.
Later,
Terry

So are you ditching the GCP for the Zoom? Do you feel that the Zoom is a better option, or a cheaper option, or both? How does it handle CC messages?

mesaboog said:
So are you ditching the GCP for the Zoom? Do you feel that the Zoom is a better option, or a cheaper option, or both? How does it handle CC messages?

No keeping the gc. The zoom is just an alternative and can be used as a backup rig. Not better or worse. I like that is it all 1 pedal though. As far as cc messages,just go into the axe i/o screen,midi tab and scroll down to which effect you want to control,hit enter to learn function then step on whatever button on the zoom you want to assign it to. that easy

bluesdoc said:
How many cc's and pc's from that board?

I really don't know. Enough of both to do what I need though. I grouped all of my delays to 1 cc, all of modulation effects to 1 cc, 1 for rotary and tremlo ,1 for amp and drive block for bypass 1 for reverb. I don't use that many effects just delay,rev and enhancer now and again. Each bank has 5 presets and I use 3 banks currently. Same tones on each bank tweaked a little different for each guitar.I know it has at leat 10 banks of 5 presets
Here is a link to the manual if that helps: http://www.zoom.co.jp/archive/English_M ... _G92tt.pdf

I would have liked my GT8 to do this and then be a backup. I could never get the CC part to work. I gave up in frustration, or resignation I guess......

Re: backup, does anyone know if anyone's AF has gone down at a gig, or ever?

Still no sound

Hi, I just bought a new Zoom G9.2tt & I pluged everything according to the manual but there is no sound coming from the amp. Is there few sttings to do for it to work or it should just work?

Back
Top Bottom