I screwed up! Preset restore question.

Goldtop

Inspired
I was tweaking presets, imagine that! Somehow I managed to switch to another preset with my midi pedal but axe-edit didn't change with it and I altered some settings on the new preset using axe edit not realizing it was still at the previous preset . I hit the save button on axe-edit and it saved the preset in the location of a preset I didn't want changed. Poof.

So, the question, can I restore a single preset from the factory settings or do I need to do the whole bank? The preset was 026 Mr Z. 38.

Help?

You can restore single presets easliy in axemanage. I simply create two views and dock them side by side. 1) AxeII 2) Desktop

You have full control to drag and drop single presets or load full banks. I do this so I can see whats being overwritten as they process. Axemanage will let you work in whatever workflow you feel most comfortable with in most cases. Lot's of options.

Last edited:
thanks Craig, I did look in axe-manage but could only find complete banks, ie V3 BankA.syx and the presets that are currently saved. My 026 file is the new one I just saved. Can I open the bank syx without restoring the whole bank?
Eric

You can open any bank. You will see all 128 presets. Simply right click on the preset in the file and "send to Axe-Fx" then you get the choice of "this bank" or "selected presets".

Edit: I see you found it! Happy tweaking!

Back
Top Bottom