I need your expert opinion

Reidtw

I've been using an FCB1010 for a year and just dont feel that it is dependable. It may be my unit. If I accidently step on the buttons in a certain order a + sign comes up and doesn't allow me to access certain patches. It has the UNO chip and I am somewhat knowledgable regarding MIDI.

I have been waiting a year for Fractal to release their MIDI pedal. I thought I would be fine to wait but I played a gig last night and was very frustrated with my pedal.

Question: Should I continue to depend on the FCB1010 or jump into A Ground Control Pro?

Question: How well does the GCP work with the Axe-fx?

Thanks so much!!

Tim Reid
www.myspace.com/elysiumtheory

iirc, the "+" sign is for the note transpose value.

from the UnO user guide...
11. TRANSPOSE VALUE

Each patch can have a TRANSPOSE value defined : all NoteOn and NoteOff messages,
which come in through the MIDI IN port and are sent to the MIDI OUT (when MIDI
MERGE enabled) are modified : the note value is replaced by the sum of the original
value and the transpose value. The transpose value can be defined in the range of -12
to +12 ( = +/- 1 octave). A value of 0 disables all transpose functionality.
The currently active transpose value is shown on the 2 leftside digits of the LCD display.
The Transpose function can also be programmed in “don’t change” mode, which causes
the previous transpose value to be retained when selecting this patch.

* remark :
The NoteOn message, sent by the FCB, is not modified by this transpose setting.

* remark (only applicable when not in DIRECT SELECT mode) :
the transpose value can also be changed while playing : while keeping a patch switch
pressed, click the UP switch to add 1 to the transpose value, click the DOWN switch to
subtract 1 from the transpose value. The modified value is NOT stored in the FCB
memory.

Back
Top Bottom