I need a MIDI footswitcher, but I'm keeping it simple here

Hey everyone, first post.

I've had the Standard for only a few weeks, and it's rocking my face off. Eventually I'm going to be looking for footswitching capabilities, but I've read through most of the threads concerning this and I don't need anything extravagent!

See, I don't gig, and I'm using the Axe FX for recording only. 99.9% of the time, I don't need to do any switching/stomping with effects because I record the parts separately. But that .1% of the time, I do need to be able to switch delay on and off in the middle of a riff. Lots of my songs require that. Honestly, that's the only stomping I'll need to be doing. One effect, on and off.

The Ground Control Pro and similar products look great, but I just don't need anything that big. What I'd love is a single-button MIDI footswitch that can act basically like a stompbox, controlling the delay block. Is there something out there that fits the bill?

I was considering using an expression pedal to just leave the delay block on and depress it all the way down when I need delay, but that might not be as precise as I need it. I just want it to go on and off.

Thanks!

You can buy a cheap latching footswitch (like they use for keyboards sustain pedals). Just be sure it's latching type. I use a non-latching type for tap-tempo, it is the Boss FS-5U and it's like $20 or so. I know there is a latching version of that footswitch (perhaps called FS-5L?) which would work for your application.

Note that if you get an expression pedal instead, then you could gradually dial in the delay level, to taste. It would not "just go on and off" like you stated, but you may want to consider the option. I personally much prefer expression pedals and their ability to dial in effects from nothing to full-on (and every nuance in between)... but I realize this is not what you asked for.

Cheers,
Daniel

Oh sweet. Thanks for the help! You know, I was wondering if that type of thing would work, and it seems right up my alley. I'll probably go ahead and get both a latching footswitch and an expression pedal and see which one works better for me. They're both cheap anyways.

Back
Top Bottom