I...I...haven't felt GAS is so long I'd forgotten what it's like...

iaresee

Administrator
I've been GAS-free for so long now I'd kind of forgotten what that insane gear lust feels like. Until today. I was browsing Guitars Canada and an Ontario builder posted about his new model, the Uptown, and man I've got that GAS ache happening now!

The model is a cool mix of retro and modern. The one in the video is a deep, wine red colour. The one that REALLY sparked the GAS pangs was in the video:

Screen%20Shot%202014-05-26%20at%209.03.51%20AM.png

Wow! That two-tone with the unfinished maple and the sea foam green...mmmmmm.

Here's the video:

I think he's hit it out of the park with this design.

Those are pretty slick looking. I really dug the all white one... :) Curious, is the somewhat 'duller' tone on the lower frequency side typical of the 'F' hole design guitars? It seemed like it had almost a dead acoustic type sound on the low end of the string attack. Excuse my description terms, but its the best I can describe what I hear.

Those are pretty slick looking. I really dug the all white one... :) Curious, is the somewhat 'duller' tone on the lower frequency side typical of the 'F' hole design guitars? It seemed like it had almost a dead acoustic type sound on the low end of the string attack. Excuse my description terms, but its the best I can describe what I hear.

Interesting. I didn't pick up on that. I'll have to listen to it again. I'd say that's NOT typical of hollow bodies.

The bottom section with the knobs instantly reminded me of the 'Despicable Me' minions...

Pretty cool design, those look like Gretsch type pickups.

TT

Back
Top Bottom