I forgot I don't own an MFC

Philip

Inspired
So, last night I played my first gig since the end of July. I set up my rig and walked over to tune up. I looked down at my feet and sure enough, there was the Ground Control Pro, staring up at me. Its one-millimeter-too-wide-to-fit-in-a-rack-drawer-chassis seemed to be saying, "Just because you have been looking at photos of the MFC on a daily basis for the last month doesn't mean you have one. So go sit on the disgusting bar stage floor like a good boy and tune your guitar with the LCD on the Axe-FX"

Email, please come. I am starting to lose it.

-Phil

Feel fortunate... at least yours WORKS ! LOL... the last 2 gigs I have gone to, my controller has looked up at me with complete Transformer symbol garbage... had to reset it and re-program it on the spot... can't wait for mine either... but it'll be soon !!

Transformer symbol garbage? Yeah, that's exactly what my GC was giving me on/off for the last half a year! On top of that it would forget presets :(
I'm glad that period is over :D

The screen on my floor controller went dark in January...i've been working by feel for quite some time now. I replaced the screen, but it went dark a week after i put it in.
I'm ready for the fractal mfc for sure.
To be honest, ive probably played 100+gigs without being able to see anything...i think i'm a better player because of it. Certainly tamed my time tweaking.
Still it will be nice to have the mfc.

tgunn... sounds like what happens when the internal battery dies, and can't retain the memory ( same thing happened to mine, but it's not a GCP )... did you try to replace it ?

Mike... does that mean you are switching by karma ? ;)

flyingfadr said:
tgunn... sounds like what happens when the internal battery dies, and can't retain the memory ( same thing happened to mine, but it's not a GCP )... did you try to replace it ?
No, I didn't try to replace it... but I meant to, and that's what counts, right? ;)
I think you're right and every time it let me down I had a "damn! why didn't I change the batteries!" facepalm moment.
However, I've had two GC's before and they both crapped out on me and it wasn't the batteries. One of them had a "crystal problem" according to the repair guy.

Back
Top Bottom