HOW TO SET UP BOOST IA FOR PRESET?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
How do you set up a boost function for a preset that you don't want the boost to come on when preset is selected...only when IA button for that function is selected? I know how to assign the MFC-101 IA's buttons...my issue is how to put a boost in path to only come on when IA is selected to turn it on?

You can use a filter block. Put it at the end of the chain if you want a volume boost. Just set the filter type to null and set the level at the amount of boost you want. Bypass the filter block and save. Then assign an Ia to the same CC as the filter block.

If you are using AxeFx mode and using one of the mapped blocks, you just need to save the preset with the boost off. If you are using a custom CC for boost (like I do), just make sure the IA is set to "off" for the preset (see section 12.1.3 in the manual).

I have done above....but when I switch to preset...it has filter on....I want it off and be able to turn on when I hit IA.....how do I set to off? No setting in filter block I can see??

First answer this question: are you in AxeFx mode and using the AxeFx mapped filter block for your IA?

If so, go to your preset layout and highlight the filter block. Bypass the effect and save the preset. If it won't bypass when you hit the button, it may have an external controller assigned to it. If it does, you'll have to edit the filter's bypass mode controller to remove it.

Got it.....never saw or used bypass button on Axe FX....it was right in front of me the whole time!

Back
Top Bottom