How to set the OUT 2 when used as an "effects loop"?

YOGA64

Inspired
Please help if you can.

How to set the OUT 2 - IN 2 when used as an "effects loop"?

I'm placing my BOSS RC-5 Looper pedal in the "effects loop" thus created, stereo in-out, should I set it as UNITY or LEVEL on the OUT 2 BLock?

Please help if you can.

I'm placing my BOSS RC-5 Looper pedal in the "effects loop" thus created, stereo in-out, should I set it as UNITY or LEVEL on the OUT 2 BLock?
Not all effects (or amp loops) are created equal, so you may need to experiment. I would start by going to the I/O menu on the FM3 and set Output 2 to Unity and -10db and you will probably need to crank the Output 2 volume knob, (the one on the FM3), all the way up.

Not all effects (or amp loops) are created equal, so you may need to experiment. I would start by going to the I/O menu on the FM3 and set Output 2 to Unity and -10db and you will probably need to crank the Output 2 volume knob, (the one on the FM3), all the way up.
The -10/+4 settings are only relevant for Line Level...

Please help if you can.

For running external gear set it to Unity and turn Output 2 knob to 100%.

Thanks, if I set like that I get no level reading on the meters of the OUT 2 Block, but the sound is ok.

If I set it to LINE LEVEL, I have to lower the level knob 2 on the unit, I do get level reading on the meters and the sound is still ok.

Is that supposed to happen?

Last edited:
Thanks, if I set like that I get no level reading on the meters of the OUT 2 Block, but the sound is ok.

If I set it to LINDE LEVEL, I have to lower the level knob 2 on the unit, I do get level reading on the meters and the sound is still ok.

Story of my life since 4.0.0 ... ;D
With unity gain, it's impossible to level anything because it's miles away.
It's logical, because line level is hotter then instrument level.

Line level - 10 and knob fully clockwise works for me (i have the RC-5 after the FM3 right before a power stag 170 poweramp) without any clippings.

Try out 2 and out 1 block level 0, amps round -14 to -16db (by taste), out 2 knob fully clockwise and line level -10.
With this, you can level everything with working meters on out 2 and 2L/2R (because it's basically the same as out 1)
After that, you can of course go back to unity gain if you don't wanna run you signal so hot.

But again, i also hat a hard start with those options: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/leveling-with-cygnus-out-1-2.174092/

Last edited:

If I set it to LINE LEVEL, I have to lower the level knob 2 on the unit, I do get level reading on the meters and the sound is still ok.

I think it depends where in the signal path you've set the Output 2 block.

If it's before an Amp block or something else that would boost the signal then it would be very low because an unamplified signal is quiet.

It is last, after EVERYTHING else, before the IN2 OUT1, since I'm using it to record everything in the BOSS RC-5 Looper, so what gives?

Back
Top Bottom