How to get that saturation squish feel

I’m embarrassed to say I only just lately decided to flip the saturation switch, and it really got me aroused in all the right ways.

That switch brought in the feel that I had always thought was some X-factor in my tube amps by like, default. Maybe I’m stupid, I dunno.

Anyway I don’t always love the way it affects the tone. The supply sag used to be my go-to but it pales in comparison. In fact I felt I was turning the sag knob more out of wishful want than fully getting it. Glad I discovered saturation!

Right now I’m toying with lower gain and the saturation switch on, and pretty happy. Got the tubey feel and almost the sound.

My question is… are there any alternative ways to achieve this? Is it crazy that I feel like I’m going to be turning that saturation switch on by default from now on?

That response of playing notes on the strings that I got from my first tube amp (triple recto, lol) was what made me be like, whoa, tube amps are awesome! I’m never going back!

This to me is that “feel” that people talk about, and which some claim is bullfeces… anyway, I hope to hear of any other settings people enjoy that might lead to easy happiness — specifically in this regard. Maybe with less muffy-ness being added?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom