How to fully bypass all channel settings on the Behringer X18?

Chromatizm

Power User
Is there an "easy" way to fully bypass/make X18 transparent with minimum latency and zero processing, like the "direct monitoring" feature of studio interfaces?

I was looking for a button which would enable this mode but didn't find it. Every time I need to connect my FM3 into someone's X18 I have to go through each tab and switch off all features, EQs, gates, etc. Surely there's a simpler way, right?...

channel strip items being on but with no effect causes latency?
As far as I was able to find the relevant info, A/D-D/A is always enabled, so there should be some latency, I guess. For example, I don't see a button to switch off Sends completely - you can set FXs to 0 volume but no "bypass" button available.
I'm going through the documentation and forums now but cannot find anything which says there is a direct monitoring in X18. Maybe there is a way and I just don't see it?

Hi,

The X18 goes A to D just after the input opamps. In other words, there's no escaping AD or DA stages.

Not instant gratification, but how about get into the channel , select the 'Presets' tab, create a preset exactly how you want it, and save. Then, next time you're on that desk, it'll just take a few taps.

Thanks
Pauly
Is there an "easy" way to fully bypass/make X18 transparent with minimum latency and zero processing, like the "direct monitoring" feature of studio interfaces?

I was looking for a button which would enable this mode but didn't find it. Every time I need to connect my FM3 into someone's X18 I have to go through each tab and switch off all features, EQs, gates, etc. Surely there's a simpler way, right?...

Not instant gratification, but how about get into the channel , select the 'Presets' tab, create a preset exactly how you want it, and save. Then, next time you're on that desk, it'll just take a few taps.
This is a great suggestion, thanks a lot, Pauly!

Back
Top Bottom