How to deal with a serial effect loop in my amp?

martijne

Inspired
Hello,

The FX8 manual (p 33 intelligent parallel fx) gives great hints for amps with parallel effect loops: do not pass any dry signal. But my amp has a serial effects loop. How do I deal with that? Just make the post chain serial and set mix accordingly? Leave one parallel slot empty as a kind of shunt?

Thank you for any insights.

Hello;
In adtition to what Martijne says can somebody explain how is the level gain of some effects dial in the effects chain.?

Hello;
In adtition to what Martijne says can somebody explain how is the level gain of some effects dial in the effects chain.?
In my experience, with the effects in a series chain, the only two blocks I've ever really needed to adjust the level of are the Drive block and the Multi-Delay block. The Drive block Level in my presets needs to be turned down from the default 5.0 to @ 2.0-3.0 depending upon the drive model. The Multi-Delay block level can need @ 2dB increase depending upon the mix level and desired effect in my presets. All of the other blocks have the Level parameter set to default, 0, no matter where they are in the chain.

I haven't done much with parallel chains/effects so I don't recall if there's any level adjustments that are different from series.

Back
Top Bottom