How to "Auto-Wah?"

Lopp

Inspired
I had an AX8 with @Moke 's Enter Sandman preset, which I am pretty sure had auto-wah. I.e., wah without using an expression pedal.

Now I have an FM9 and got the same preset, but am unsure of how to make it auto-wah. Any suggestions?

Sorry about an RTFM-type question. I was going to post it to Moke's master FM9 thread, but didn't see any questions in that thread.

Thanks,
Matt

I had an AX8 with @Moke 's Enter Sandman preset, which I am pretty sure had auto-wah. I.e., wah without using an expression pedal.

Now I have an FM9 and got the same preset, but am unsure of how to make it auto-wah. Any suggestions?

Sorry about an RTFM-type question. I was going to post it to Moke's master FM9 thread, but didn't see any questions in that thread.

Thanks,
Matt
It's all setup for the 'Envelope' type of control that reacts to your pick attack and dynamics. It Looks like the Wah is bypassed in all scenes of the (nc) versions of the preset. The Wah should probably be active in scene 4 'Solo bridge'.

Go to scene 4, activate the Wah block, go back to scene 1, resave the preset.

I will make that change on my end for the next update.

There are other switching options for that Wah block. Using an expression pedal is still advised.
  • A 'Per-Preset Override' Control Switch to momentarily turn it on in any scene, and still also turn on in scene 4.
  • Make copies of the Main and Solo scenes. Then have one each with the Wah engaged, and one each with it 'off'.
Those kind of options are very personal. So I tend to not include them, as I never know how each end user will have their switches setup. I can help you setup something specific for your needs if you like.

It's all setup for the 'Envelope' type of control that reacts to your pick attack and dynamics. It Looks like the Wah is bypassed in all scenes of the (nc) versions of the preset. The Wah should probably be active in scene 4 'Solo bridge'.

Go to scene 4, activate the Wah block, go back to scene 1, resave the preset.

I will make that change on my end for the next update.

That did it.

There are other switching options for that Wah block. Using an expression pedal is still advised.
  • A 'Per-Preset Override' Control Switch to momentarily turn it on in any scene, and still also turn on in scene 4.
  • Make copies of the Main and Solo scenes. Then have one each with the Wah engaged, and one each with it 'off'.
Those kind of options are very personal. So I tend to not include them, as I never know how each end user will have their switches setup. I can help you setup something specific for your needs if you like.
It's working the way I need it now, but thanks for offering to help set something up!

I hear you about advising the use of an expression pedal. I'm just lazy... Lazy about setting up and tearing down. Not using an expression pedal means one less thing to connect and disconnect.

That and I hate it when I'm wandering around wireless and forget that I need to be back at my pedal for a solo.

I hear you about advising the use of an expression pedal. I'm just lazy... Lazy about setting up and tearing down. Not using an expression pedal means one less thing to connect and disconnect.

That’s why pedalboards exist! I setup/teardown 4-6 times on some days, and I never unplug my expression pedals (or external switches).

But, more importantly, an envelope filter, LFO-controlled filter, and manual wah are quite different effects.

Back
Top Bottom