How to Achieve Jack Thammarat Tone?

basarozmen

Inspired
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and this is my first post. So I hope you will be nice to me :)

Anyway, I own an Axe FX II XL (Quantum 3.03 FW) for about a year and I have been learning the song "Never Again" by Jack Thammarat for the past month. Now that I am done with the learning part, I wanna record my version and shoot a video of it.

The thing is, original tone is very soft and clear, but with enough gain to emphasize every pick attack. Also, his sustain and definition of the notes are remarkable.

At every attempt, my tone is either too fuzzy because of untameable high end, or kind of boomy due to overcompression. But on each scenario, it is always too aggressive comparing to Mr. Thammarat's tone.

I am at work right now; I will certainly go into the details of my preset when I get home. But as far as I remember, I use a Suhr Badger amp and some random cabs from cabpack #1 and #7 mixed. Also there ise a studio type compressor with the ratio around 3-3,5 in the effects chain.

My guitar is a Prestige series Ibanez (namely, RG3770 with H-S-H Dimarzio pups).

I tried every imaginable combination of drive-amp-cab-compressor settings, still I feel like I am nowhere near... I am really curious about what sort of amp/cab/FX he uses in this specific recording.

Any advice would be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom