Votes: 47 42.0%

Votes: 19 17.0%

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • > 4

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters

Entasis

Inspired
I already have two EV-2s and was going to order two more from Fractal, but they are currently sold out...

I originally figured why not use all four available jacks on the FC?
But then I'm thinking "Go big!", why not have six (four on the FC-6 plus the two in the back of the Axe-Fx III)?
Or why not stick to the two I already have and use Yek's multiplexer technique of using a single pedal to control multiple effects, and allowing scene changes to turn effects on and off.
Or why not sell one, since I can only use one at a time when I'm standing!

Talk me out of selling one, buying two more, buying four more... how do you have your expression pedals set-up?

I have 3 but with the multiplexor block and some smart program, I'm sure you can get away with just one or two. My setup includes a Piezo and a Synth so 1 goes between Acoustic and Electric volume, One is for a Way and one is for preset specific which in a lot of cases turns off or on the synth. But I'd opt for less floorspace and better programming.....

MM

8 Expression Pedals with Axe3:

4 into MFC Controller

1. Gain,
  2. Wah,
  3. Whammy,
  4. Post Volume
2 Into Axe3 Pedal jacks:
  1. Input Block 1 Volume,
  2. Loop3 Input Level to control Freqout pedal.
2 from Pod HD (used as an additional foot controller):
  1. Modulation Fx Control,
  2. Delay Mix

4 - Mission Engineering SP1 for Wah, Fractal EV1 for Volume or Whammy, then a 2 Expression Knob box that I made for whatever else (preamp clean boost, delay, etc)

With my FC-6 I usually have two hooked up but spend most of my time using just one (wah). The other does random things based on the preset. With my "big board" and the GT-22 I have three hooked up plus two knobs that I can use with my hands. And I still only use pretty much one with the big board. But the options are there if I want them!

@yek
Can someone point us to Yek's multiplexer technique of using a single pedal to control multiple effects.
I haven't seen this.

Here's a preset you might like to check out that has the FC1 Pedal 2 set to control a kill switch, a wah, and a talk box, dependent on scene number, without a multiplexer block.

Attachments

• UberEcst.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
Two. One is usually a wah, while the other varies. Most often I use it to morph into a lead tone (changing amp input gain, delay time and mix).

Two Dunlop Volume X's and Mission:
Overall Volume
Volume in front of amp block to control gain like guitar volume knob. I also save it at different values in the scenes for instant mid and low gain switches.
Wah

I use 5 and have the option to go to 6. I have 3 cc pedals connected to my voes. With a press of a button the midi numbers of those change, to that makes it 6.

Pedal 1 does whammy and feedback or ray gun (fun to do as a gimmick)
Pedal 2 does reverb/delay mix and gain or rotary or whammy
Pedal 3 does volume

Back
Top Bottom