How is everyone setting their Master Volume pedal in the Menu??

Dealmaker

Inspired
So I was considering using my EV1 as a Master Volume pedal - and then have my sprung Mission pedal as the WAH.

I went into the Menu for Midi and Pedals and it seems the unit is set to have External Control 1 - as Pedal 1......which would be fine.....except....most of all the nice PRESETS have a WAH block already in them - and they are all set to External Control 1 - so effectively Pedal 1 is by default the WAH.

So I went into the MIDI page and changed "Master Volume Out" from the default setting of "11" to "Pedal 1"
....I then set "External Control 1" as "Pedal 2"......

...and this fixed the Preset issue - so that now all the WAH blocks are seeing External Control 1 - which is Pedal 2 (in may case my Mission pedal)

So I now have an EV1 controlling the Master Volume......but I'm not happy with it.....I can't control the Taper - and so its not really any good for volume swells etc....

How is everyone else doing it??

I am thinking of switching it back to the factory default - and switching the pedals over - so that my Mission is in the Pedal 1 input - and hence defaults as the WAH.....and then maybe in any Presets where I want to use a Volume Swell - then put in a block and point it at External Control 2 = Pedal 2 - which will be my EV1 ???

I still want to have an external "Boost" switch as well.....probably a Boss Latching footswitch into Pedal 3 - and need to figure out how to get that Globally if possible!.

If you want to have a different taper for your volume pedal you need to put a volume block in each preset, you can also choose where you want the volume in your effect chain, I prefer before delay and reverb to maintain the effects when I do volume swells.
I choose to use my volume pedal globally for the moment, because I don't have time to revisit all presets and create a new volume block inside of each. But I loose the advantages I talked just above.

I've set up one of my exp pedals to Out 1 (main) volume in the I/O menu , and it works fine, except I'd wish it would be possible to also achieve global delay/reverb spillover instead of having the volume pedal cut everything off abruptly, but I understand this is unfortunately not possible. But I guess I could also use a regular volume pedal in front of the AX8 for volume swells etc. with delay/rev spillover, and just use the exp pedal for overall volume/level control.

I also use a volume block in each preset. This way I can put it after the amp/cab and before the delay/reverb/multi-delay. Volume swells don't cut off the delay/reverb tails and I can also bring down the volume without changing the amount of amp distortion.

If you want to have a different taper for your volume pedal you need to put a volume block in each preset, you can also choose where you want the volume in your effect chain, I prefer before delay and reverb to maintain the effects when I do volume swells.
I choose to use my volume pedal globally for the moment, because I don't have time to revisit all presets and create a new volume block inside of each. But I loose the advantages I talked just above.

set it to control input volume globally, then all of your effect tails will be maintained.

Back
Top Bottom