how do you change the tempo times on the aurora delay, when you set the tempo to 1/8 DOT and 1/4 it will not allow me to set the time such as 375,500?

david7164

how do you set the tempo times in the aurora delay, when you set the tempo to 1/8 DOT and 1/4 it will not allow me to change the time such as 375, 500? I'm try trying to copy the Halo settings

Last edited:
how do you set the tempo times in the aurora delay, when you set the tempo to 1/8 DOT and 1/4 it will not allow me to change the time such as 375, 500? I'm try trying to copy the Halo settings
If you have the delay set to 1/8 Dot and 1/4, the delay times depend on the tempo, and will give you those note values at whatever tempo is set in your preset. To get precisely 375 and 500, you would have to tap (or type) in the correct tempo, or switch off the tempo dependent settings and dial up your numbers....

If you have the delay set to 1/8 Dot and 1/4, the delay times depend on the tempo, and will give you those note values at whatever tempo is set in your preset. To get precisely 375 and 500, you would have to tap (or type) in the correct tempo, or switch off the tempo dependent settings and dial up your numbers....
thanks, that's what I'm trying to figure out how to do, it will not let change the amounts, type them in, how do I switch off tempos as to type in new amounts while keeping the 1/8 DOT and 1/4 notes?

If you want to leave the tempo settings in place, a 500 ms quarter note would be 120 BMP on the tempo. Tap the tempo button on the front panel once to bring up the tempo screen and you can use the value knob to set an exact tempo you want.

Tempo BPM = (1000 ms / quarter note time in ms) x 60 sec/min
BPM = (1000 / 500 ) x 60
BPM = 2 x 60
BPM = 120

Otherwise, like the others have said, turn the tempo setting in the delay block to None to be able to enter exact delay times in ms.

Last edited:
If you want to leave the tempo settings in place, a 500 ms quarter note would be 120 BMP on the tempo. Tap the tempo button on the front panel once to bring up the tempo screen and you can use the value knob to set an exact tempo you want.

Tempo BPM = (1000 ms / quarter note time in ms) x 60 sec/min
BPM = (1000 / 500 ) x 60
BPM = 2 x 60
BPM = 120

Otherwise, like the others have said, turn the tempo setting in the delay block to None to be able to enter exact delay times in ms.
thanks! changing the BPM to 120 set it exactly to 375 and 500

thanks, that's what I'm trying to figure out how to do, it will not let change the amounts, type them in, how do I switch off tempos as to type in new amounts while keeping the 1/8 DOT and 1/4 notes?
If you set a Tempo, you’re telling the device to set the Time based off the tempo. If you were able to then change the time directly to something else, you wouldn’t be at that tempo anymore.

Set Tempo to None if you want to change the time directly.

Back
Top Bottom