How can I move my FM3 presets to FM9?

DUC

I don't want rub in that my FM9 came when so many are waiting......sorry ,but you'll love it when it does. How do I transfer some of my FM3 presets to FM9?
Just point me in the right direction. Thank you!

FM3 edit > top preset menu, export.

Click and drag that file to the name area in FM9 Edit, or Preset menu, import.

FM3 edit > top preset menu, export.

Click and drag that file to the name area in FM9 Edit, or Preset menu, import.
As Chris said, or back their bank up and restore it using FractalBot, or open the bank file in the Preset Manager and selectively drag them to their slots.

Is there a way to just move everything over at once using fractal bot? Can the cabs be moved easily?
Yes. Use Fractal-Bot, either the embedded version in Edit or the standalone version, to backup them up, then restore them on the other unit. I’ve done it between all the units.

Cabs are referenced by the slot number so it’s important that they be stored in the same locations on the target unit, otherwise you will have to do some fix-ups to restore the sound to your presets.

Also, remember that the hardware capabilities allow the larger units to have features that the smaller units don’t have. Said differently, the FM3 can’t do everything the FM9 can, and it can’t do everything that the FX3 can. Those differences can result in broken connections or missing blocks that force fix-ups also.

Back
Top Bottom