How Can I Buy an Axe Fx?

sforsa

How Can I Buy an Axe Fx? I've tried to buy on www.fractalaudio.com but I had this msg
"The Axe-Fx Effects Processor is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item."

I will be at the Fort Worth / Tx for 45 days. Please can you help me?

Yes, it happens quite often (demand exceeds supply), keep on trying, I just tried and could order one ultra (didnt, I already have mine).
Or you can email sales@fractalaudio.com.
Or buy an Ultra, it is a lot better !!!
:twisted:

sforsa said:
I had emailed sales@fractalaudio.com 2 times, I couldn't get any reply.
Why should i prefer to Ultra? Can you explain it briefly?

I never had to deal myself with sales@fractal (I live in Europe, so we go through g66 here) but they have an excellent reputation here, so I'm sure they'll send you some reply soon.
There are a lot of differences between the Axe-fx Standard and the ultra, and also a lot of things in common.
The main difference is that the ultra has a lot more computing power, which means that you can use more blocks (effects, amps, cabs, whatever) within the same patch (=sound) with an Ultra than with a STD.
Also, because of the computing power needed, some blocks are not available in the STD (e.g. the synth, which permits you to have a violin sound, or the multiband compressor which is a whole world in itself), or some other blocks are usabel in less quantities on the STD (e.g. you can use 4 graphic EQs in the same Ultra patch, while you can only use 2 in a STD patch). You might wonder : do I really need 4 graphic EQs in the same patch ? Well maybe not now, but you might be sorry, someday... It only depends on what sounds you want/need, on the style of music you play, etc.

But the main point that is common to the Ultra and STD is the quality : if you use a patch that is OK in a STD, it will not be any better (or any worse) on an ultra, it will sound exactly the same. Difference is just power, and from this bigger power only comes the bigger number of blacks that can be used.

Hope this helps....

Thierry said:
sforsa said:

I never had to deal myself with sales@fractal (I live in Europe, so we go through g66 here) but they have an excellent reputation here, so I'm sure they'll send you some reply soon.
There are a lot of differences between the Axe-fx Standard and the ultra, and also a lot of things in common.
The main difference is that the ultra has a lot more computing power, which means that you can use more blocks (effects, amps, cabs, whatever) within the same patch (=sound) with an Ultra than with a STD.
Also, because of the computing power needed, some blocks are not available in the STD (e.g. the synth, which permits you to have a violin sound, or the multiband compressor which is a whole world in itself), or some other blocks are usabel in less quantities on the STD (e.g. you can use 4 graphic EQs in the same Ultra patch, while you can only use 2 in a STD patch). You might wonder : do I really need 4 graphic EQs in the same patch ? Well maybe not now, but you might be sorry, someday... It only depends on what sounds you want/need, on the style of music you play, etc.

But the main point that is common to the Ultra and STD is the quality : if you use a patch that is OK in a STD, it will not be any better (or any worse) on an ultra, it will sound exactly the same. Difference is just power, and from this bigger power only comes the bigger number of blacks that can be used.

Hope this helps....

Definately. It has been covered all over this forum a million times already. However don't discount the Standard by any means. I have one and am SO glad I did not waste the extra money on an Ultra. I know for a fact I will not use the additional features the Ultra has. Thanks to the amount of Ultra-Love on this forum, Axe-Fx Standard = Best kept secret ever!! :D

craiguitar said:
Thierry said:
sforsa said:

Hope this helps....

Definately. It has been covered all over this forum a million times already. However don't discount the Standard by any means. I have one and am SO glad I did not waste the extra money on an Ultra. I know for a fact I will not use the additional features the Ultra has. Thanks to the amount of Ultra-Love on this forum, Axe-Fx Standard = Best kept secret ever!! :D

Thank you guys for your opinions. I'll buy standart certainly. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom