Hooking up the Axe to the Atomic FR - Female to female?

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
Am I right in thinking that I need a female-to-female XLR cable to hook up my Axe to my Atomic FR (due any day)? If so, I'm struggling to find any online stockist in the UK that sells such a thing. :?

Re: Trying to find the right cable between Axe and Atomic FR

You´re right, but the thru-out is connected right to the xlr-in. So you can plug it in where you want to.

Re: Trying to find the right cable between Axe and Atomic FR

Gitarrenschlumpf said:
You´re right, but the thru-out is connected right to the xlr-in. So you can plug it in where you want to.
I thought the Thru was an OUTput not an INput...? What happens if I want to run an output from the Atomic to (for example) my audio interface? Surely that's what Thru is for (as in Dual Mono configuration indicated in the manual)?

From the manual: "Balanced ( XLR) Thru – This male XLR connector produces exactly the same signal that is connected to the balanced XLR input jack, whether or not the Reactor FR is switched ON. Note that the THRU only passes the XLR input and NOT the ¼" input signal."

You can get about any kind of plug/adapter now on line, I have inherited(sadly) a suitcase full of
jack/midi/xlr and some I never dreamed of plugs and leads from a friend . including M2Fem. of both kinds. So whatever you need is out there :ugeek:

angello120 said:
You can get about any kind of plug/adapter now on line, I have inherited(sadly) a suitcase full of
jack/midi/xlr and some I never dreamed of plugs and leads from a friend . including M2Fem. of both kinds. So whatever you need is out there :ugeek:
Yes, but it would seem I need to order the cable from Hong Kong. My Atomic is due any day and I don't want to have it sitting here looking at me wantonly every day while I wait for a cable to arrive...

THE MANUAL IS WRONG - The connectors are mis-labelled.

I just got this word from Sussi at G-66:

"Hi Craig,

We just checked the manual and saw that there is mistake in the text to the pictures, so now I understand why you were asking – we're sorry that we haven't noticed that. Bal in is to the left (XLR female) and Bal through is to the right (XLR male) – I enclose a picture.

Thank you very much for asking..

Kind Regards
Sussi"

Back
Top Bottom