Home Studio Set up issues with Fm9

JPS225

Inspired
i have a set of Kali LP studio monitors and i'm using a Presonus 24c interface. Going out of the Fm9 with a 1/4 TRS cable into the Presonus, Kali are connected directly to the presonus and the presonus is connected via usb to the Mac. I'm noticing that I'm not getting a lot of volume, even though the Kali are all the way up. Am I setting this up wrong? I understand this is a better way than an frfr at home (especially since we are all direct for gigs), but something isn't seeming right. Appreciate any help!

Check your level between the FM9 and the Presonus (front panel OUT knob on the FM9 and/or the input gain of the Presonus. You can also try setting the output mode on the FM9 to +4 dBu in the I/O menu if you need more output.

You may need to use XLR (balanced) output on the fm9 to 1/4” TRS (line) input on the interface using XLR to TRS cable or an XLR cable with a TRS adapter.

an instrument/humbuster cable going 1/4” fm9 output to 1/4” interface might work also, but could have some noise.

i have a set of Kali LP studio monitors and i'm using a Presonus 24c interface. Going out of the Fm9 with a 1/4 TRS cable into the Presonus, Kali are connected directly to the presonus and the presonus is connected via usb to the Mac. I'm noticing that I'm not getting a lot of volume, even though the Kali are all the way up. Am I setting this up wrong? I understand this is a better way than an frfr at home (especially since we are all direct for gigs), but something isn't seeming right. Appreciate any help!
What is the balance level on the mixer control? And I would recommend using XLR from the FM9 into the PreSonus.
And is the level low on the headphone out as well?

Back
Top Bottom