Hold switch to capture, release to loop it. Is this a thing?

DC11GTR

Inspired
I set up the 9th button on my Voes to engage the “hold” on a delay to loop and it works fine. But I had to set the feedback to longer so it can capture the attack instead of the “swooped” delayed one. And even that’s not 100% reliable. I also had to choose a delay that isn’t as “whooshy” on the repeat and I’m not a huge fan of it lol

Is there a setting where I hold the 9th button down, play a thing and release where I want it to loop? I’m using that button as External 4, if that helps.

that exact functionality is tricky as there's no 'on release' function within, i'd love for the DD-5/DD-6 stutter like hold/looper functions be doable

however i think it's doable on the Morningstar midi controllers units as they have this option, so i think it could be programmed on those
but i haven't messed around with it just yet

you can combo control switches to a few settings to get a better response out of your 'hold' example, but it'd be a case of playing with the Attack settings (say a slightly longer attack before it activates the hold)

ie. press control switch 1
sets feedback to longer (with 0ms attack)
sets delay to 'hold' (with 300+ms attack to turn on)

that might help the response that you're trying to get

I use a Voes MX-9 and have a a Voes MX-5 on the way to replace my BlackStar, but I did think about the MorningStar early on. Nice stuff, but I needed the sizing of the Voes' stuff. Mr. Voes said their controllers can't "release", so I'll try what you're suggesting and do some more experimenting. I did actually try a couple of variations of what you're saying, but it effected other scenes in a way I didn't like since the delay has to stay the same in order to keep the shits going. If I wasn't so annoying, I could just use 1 or 2 scenes with that loop, but nope.... I want to use all 8 lol

Back
Top Bottom