Hold For Delay Feedback

cheap

I'm not sure if it's been asked before, but I was wondering if there was a way to set the Tap Tempo function switch to be able to increase the feedback of delays when held down. It would be an AMAZING function to have as I'm trying not to use any external footswitches at all. Much like how the Strymon Timeline functions.

Any help would be appreciated! If it's not already a thing...maybe next update? I'm sure tons of fractaloids would use this feature!!

I do this with my MFC. It's my own firmware, but any MFC that can send two CCs per footswitch can do it.

I use the tap footswitch normally to send a tap CC when pressed, and send nothing when released. It also sends a different CC number, on-value when pressed, off-value when released. This CC number boosts delay feedback and also delay volume level.

That way, when you do a normal few tap presses to set tempo, it works normally. If you hold down tap you get the boosted feedback effect.

The beauty of this is that when you hold down Tap, it's normally for a few seconds so it doesn't interfere with the tempo (I think the Axe-FX ignores tap presses more than 2 seconds apart).

You should be able to do this with a momentary switch preset... You could ramp up the feedback and mix level on the delay

I'm not sure if it's been asked before, but I was wondering if there was a way to set the Tap Tempo function switch to be able to increase the feedback of delays when held down. It would be an AMAZING function to have as I'm trying not to use any external footswitches at all. Much like how the Strymon Timeline functions.

Any help would be appreciated! If it's not already a thing...maybe next update? I'm sure tons of fractaloids would use this feature!!

Did you get this to work?

Back
Top Bottom