High Pitched 'Whine' When Near Computer Keyboard

Hey ya'll. I've been experiencing some digital interference from any keyboard I use emitting a very high pitched 'whine' when my pickups get too close.

This isn't a huge issue but has shown itself a few times when sound checking and I need to make edits to my backing tracks or just get too close to my computer keyboard in general.

I was wondering if anyone else has found a keyboard that doesn't cause this to happen. I have tried both wired and wireless and it's all the same.

Again, its not really a big issue but was curious what others experience has been.

Pickups are basically noise antennas. They'll pick up noise from anything nearby. Monitors, keyboards, mice, WiFi, bluetooth, etc can all be culprits. "Fancy" RGB gaming stuff is notorious for causing a lot of noise with all the extra lights and crap, especially all those PC cases with huge windows in the side and light up fans and crap. They don't shield worth a damn.

Are you sure its the keyboard? I sit at my office computer to do all my guitar playing and I find single coil guitars noisy around the computer whether I'm using my FM9 or tube amps. If I turn a bit it can go quiet or get worse. Moving away from the computer the single coil noise goes away.

Are you sure its the keyboard? I sit at my office computer to do all my guitar playing and I find single coil guitars noisy around the computer whether I'm using my FM9 or tube amps. If I turn a bit it can go quiet or get worse. Moving away from the computer the single coil noise goes away.
Im fairly positive. The noise gets louder when I move the keyboard closer and goes away completely when I unplug or turn off the keyboard. My wireless keyboard is one of those RGB keyboards, but I just bought a cheap wired one that's less bulky for travel and am experiencing the same noise.

My bluetooth Apple trackpad doesn't cause any noise at all, so Im not sure what it is about the keyboards ive tried that cause it.

Hi,

Try adjusting the rgb leds (in the keyboard) all the way up, or off. Those leds are often dimmed using PWM and this is often noisey as crap!

Thanks
Pauly
Hey ya'll. I've been experiencing some digital interference from any keyboard I use emitting a very high pitched 'whine' when my pickups get too close.

This isn't a huge issue but has shown itself a few times when sound checking and I need to make edits to my backing tracks or just get too close to my computer keyboard in general.

I was wondering if anyone else has found a keyboard that doesn't cause this to happen. I have tried both wired and wireless and it's all the same.

Again, its not really a big issue but was curious what others experience has been.

Back
Top Bottom