High Gain Presets

Foxhole

I just want to say hi to everyone on this wonderful forum!
As this is my first post, I thought it would be suitable for me to contribute and to give something back to you guys for sharing your AXE II-knowledge over the last couple of months!

Please notice: The following presets are for studio-use only, since cab-sims are on and EQ and multi-band comps were applied to taste (output level is pretty hot).
If you plan to use them live with poweramp/cab, I would recommend you to turn off the cab-sim (of course ...) and to turn off the last multi-band comp and EQ as well. After that, you should compensate for the associated volume loss (just turn it up for ~4 dB).

All presets were created through following chain: Schecter C7 Hellraiser w/ 707TW -> AXE II (FW 4.01) -> Mackie Onyx 400F (finally working under Win7 64bit thanks to new Mackie drivers... phew! :roll) -> Adam A7 monitors / AKG K702 headphones.
These presets were created to work in a dense mix, so the emphasis on the upper frequencies is perfectly right for cutting through ... just try them out yourself in a mix and you will see.

Here we go:
View attachment Highgain #1.syx
View attachment Highgain #2.syx
View attachment Highgain #3.syx
View attachment Clean #1.syx

Let me know what you think of them and if you find them useful!

Last edited:
thanks excellent wayto introduce self, I will try, though I will admit I am a live in the bedroom kinda guy, so mix less important, may be too bright

Back
Top Bottom