Help with setting up FM3 / FC6

Wolfgangman

Inspired
Please help as I am just going around in circles. My FC6 and FM3 keep mirroring each other.
I can't find anything useful in the manuals.
I am trying to set up the FM3 switches - 1 (preset -) 2 (tuner) 3 - (preset +)
The FC6 switches bottom row - 1 -3 Scenes 1/4, 2/5 and 3 / 6
FC6 top row - Switch (4) - Scene 7/8 - Switch (5) - Chorus - Switch (6) - Boost (ctrl switch -amp input boost)

Please help as I am just going around in circles. My FC6 and FM3 keep mirroring each other.
I can't find anything useful in the manuals.
I am trying to set up the FM3 switches - 1 (preset -) 2 (tuner) 3 - (preset +)
The FC6 switches bottom row - 1 -3 Scenes 1/4, 2/5 and 3 / 6
FC6 top row - Switch (4) - Scene 7/8 - Switch (5) - Chorus - Switch (6) - Boost (ctrl switch -amp input boost)
I highly recommend starting with the built-in OMG9 layouts first, seeing how they work, then start adjusting them to meet your needs. OMG9 is well thought out and very flexible and has some deep layout magic.

As far as the FM3 and FC6 mirroring each other, it's tied to how the FC editor displays the layouts as you're working on them.

Notice under the Layout name there's "Show Edits On:" with FM3 currently highlighted. Change that to FC1 when you're trying to edit the FC6, and that should help. Also, under Switches on the left side is "Show As:", which changes how the switches themselves are displayed.

On the far right is "Devices". Click it to adjust the current, and startup layout and view for the FM3 and the FC6. When you finished editing use that to readjust the current layouts being displayed, or simply cycle the power on the FM3.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 9.45.15 PM.png

Last edited:
I highly recommend starting with the built-in OMG9 layouts first, seeing how they work, then start adjusting them to meet your needs. OMG9 is well thought out and very flexible and has some deep layout magic.

As far as the FM3 and FC6 mirroring each other, it's tied to how the FC editor displays the layouts as you're working on them.

Notice under the Layout name there's "Show Edits On:" with FM3 currently highlighted. Change that to FC1 when you're trying to edit the FC6, and that should help. Also, under Switches on the left side is "Show As:", which changes how the switches themselves are displayed.

On the far right is "Devices". Click it to adjust the current, and startup layout and view for the FM3 and the FC6.

View attachment 118808
Thanks Greg - you are a legend (do you ever sleep??) Got it sorted. I have set up my own footswitch versions of #1 (Presets) and #4 - (Scenes) and use these for the FM3 and FC6 respectively - the trick was to have this dialed in to the actual FM3 (set up - Foot controllers - devices -startup layout). I have 2 FM3 rigs, one with and one without the FC6, so when backing them up, I must remember to back up the Footswitches separately. Anyway, I hope this helps anyone who has similar meltdowns.

Back
Top Bottom