Help with Global Block

ericar

Inspired
Hi
I don't get the global block thing yet. I think the noise gate on the input/gate tab is always engaged. I would like to make my settings and make it go to all of my presets. Can I do this in an easy way or do I have to change each preset first? I can save my settings in the block library but then I have to open it in every preset and save each preset one at a time.

Global blocks just link blocks together in different presets so a change in one preset changes the linked block in another. It doesn't "globally put the block in the same place in all presets." You need to put the blocks in the preset, then link them to the Global Block slot.

Yes, the Input Gate is typically on in all presets by default - that's not a global block thing.

Yes I did sort of understand that with other effects but was hoping that since the input gate was in all presets there would be an easier way to
set the gate the same for all presets without having to change and save each of the presets. A nice feature for future versions would be a way to turn off the individual input gate and make it global only instead.

Yes I did sort of understand that with other effects but was hoping that since the input gate was in all presets there would be an easier way to
set the gate the same for all presets without having to change and save each of the presets. A nice feature for future versions would be a way to turn off the individual input gate and make it global only instead.

If you want it to be global, you could just use an actual noisegate block and set it to global. Of course, you're still going to have to go into every single one of your presets to do so...
-
Austin

Back
Top Bottom