help with delay settings.

rectifier

Inspired
im looking to get a fat thick sounding delay for my lead. i guess the term is add air to it..i dont like a lot of repeats it just gets muddy and everything runs together...im running mono also.through a ss power amp and 412 cab.

rectifier said:
im looking to get a fat thick sounding delay for my lead. i guess the term is add air to it..i dont like a lot of repeats it just gets muddy and everything runs together...im running mono also.through a ss power amp and 412 cab.

I usually run 350 and 450 on a dual delay with no repeats. Works for fast or slow solos for me. Collapsed down to mono it still works. You could also use a pitch shift with detune to "fatten"

I run the mix to the point where I can barely hear the delay signal in headphones. That way at full volume out of speakers it's not so overwhelming.

Hope that helps.

Robert

Something i've been doing for years is syncing Delays via the Tap Tempo. If your repeats are in time, they won't "run together", every repeat has it's own space in time (for lack of a better description)... The fattening is a direct result of the repeats so you really do need to turn that up. I generally use a quarter note and a dotted eight as my dual delay intervals. I'll typically use a mix of about 40 for delay and about 20 for repeats.

The moment we start a song, i'm tapping in the tempo and i sync everything from delays to all my modulation effects and i can tell you it makes a HUGE difference to how everything you play "sits" within the song.

Back
Top Bottom