Help with cabs please

proculox

Hi everyone!
I´m a proud Ultra owner. I bought recently a QSC 122i but didn´t like the sound very much. I a/b´d with a SLA 2 + a Fender vibroking 2x12 (4 ohm) loaded with 30´s and sounded way closer to a real amp (IMHO). The QSC is great but I got tired of tweaking the PEQ, etc...so I´m buying the Art SLA 2.
I want to run stereo so I´m looking for a good pair of 2x12´s. I don´t want to spend a fortune but something decent.
I have heard good things about the Framus cabs. Another option would be a pair of Fender Vibrokings 2x12 (with V30´s, the good thing is one of the speakers is placed higher than the other). There´s a guy selling a CAE 2x12 locally, but would need to find another one for the pair.
Anyone has tried a greenback/V30 combo?
Any recommendations?
Thanx a lot!!!
Up the ULTRA´s!

CAA 2x12 is the best cab I had so far. I regret trading it for a Marshall AHW. It can sound as big as any 4x12.

I totally agree that a well designed/built 2x12 can sound bigger & better than a 4x12.

I`ve had some great results with the SLA-1 running into a hardwood 2x12 loaded with scumback M-75 & H-55`s, these are voiced simularly to Celestion Greenbacks and Celestion Heritage H-30`s(55hz).

I a-b tested around 8 different speaker combinations and thats the one that really stood out for me. I`d imagine through the CAE 2x12 it`d work well too.

Back
Top Bottom