Help with 4CM tone

Hi everyone, I am loving the simplicity of this unit. I also really like the sound of the effects. I play hard rock so use the amps OD. Previously I have used a mixer in a series loop to keep the nice crunch that I get from the amp. I am losing this a little with the FX8. Can anyone please give me any tips to get back this edge in my tone as this unit ticks so many boxes for live use?

Cheers Rich

It keeps the signal analog so your loop effects are on top of the analog amp sound.

Sounds like you were turning your serial effects loop into a parallel loop so one side went straight from the send through the mixer and mixed with an effected signal before the output of the mixer went to the effects return. I'm not sure you can run a parrallel path with no effects in the FX8 without going through A/D and D/A converters. But try setting up a preset with no effects and see how the guitar sounds then hit the true bypass switch and see if it sounds different. If it does, then you might want to use the mixer with the FX8 the way you did before. If the sound is the same, look into running parrallel paths in the FX8, not something ive looked into myself.

Back
Top Bottom