Help: Where should I buy a Matrix gt1000?

So...Tone Merchants says they are out of stock don't know when new amps will be in. Matrix says they will ship to the US no problem but can't give me an accurate US dollar amount for the gt1000 or guarantee me that my shipment will not meet customs issues and cost me more $$ when UPS hits my doorway. I was warned about this so I asked. Matrix said with the small light box the gt1000 ships in it's most unlikely I will have any extra custom fees, but buying the new wedges is a different story, just so you know. Matrix said they did not know of anyone being charged for customs when buying power amps so far. Tone Merchants says Matrix is supposed to charge the exact same $ amount as if we were buying in the US at $859.00. It appears that after doing the math the US amount is less when purchasing from Matrix but you take the customs risk. On top of all this, Tone Merchants says if don't buy from them I will have no product support if I have any problems with the amp. Matrix says they have places in the states to send it for repair and thought the service plan was good for two years.

Can't I just simply buy the power amp sooner than later, get a fair deal and have confident product support should I ever have a problem? I'm happy to buy it from Mark and the guys at Tone Merchants but waiting sucks. It's bad enough FAS says the MFC's are on back order until the end of Feb 2013. Gotta love the holidays, sorry for the rant!

Where did you guys make your Matrix purchase?

I bought my GT1000FX directly from Matrix. Very helpful, friendly folks over there. I had it in less than a week, no customs issues or fees. Reasonable shipping, and fair exchange rate. I'd buy it again directly from Matrix in a heartbeat.

I bought my Matrix power amp directly from them and had it very quick (don't remember exactly how fast) without any extra fee's. I just got the new Matrix Q12a, the powered backline style cabinet and once again, the customer service was OUTSTANDING and the cab literally took 4 days to arrive. I have no idea how that worked out that it shipped that fast, honestly. Anyway, the sad story is that I did get charged $40 when it was delivered. I suppose that was a customs fee. I had no idea that would happen. But oh well. I doubt you'd get charged extra for the power amp.

I just received a GT1600 this am that i ordered directly from Matrix , very quick shipping, Ordered Friday (21st ) .... not bad for a holiday season ! Unfortunately had to pay $150 brokerage and other fees when it arrived. I live in Canada , i doubt you would have those fees in the US

If you buy one of their 3 channel amps, the 1500, could you use a splitter to hook up two cabs to the middle channel?

I've always thought it would be cool, if totally overkill, to have two cabs for the middle dry channel, then a small cab for each outer channel. Would that be feasible? I know it wouldn't for a tube amp because the impedances would be really mismatched, but I'm not sure if that matters or not for SS amps.

Back
Top Bottom