Help w/Rolls Midi Buddy

phatdude

I can't seem to get the midi buddy to communicate with the Axe. I have the Axe set to omni, and I've fooled around with the dip switches on the midi buddy, but nothing seems to work. The midi light on the Axe is lighting up when I step on any switches, but the patches don't change. Anybody got any ideas?

No idea, check the wiki, if everything is set up right (that worked for me). My midi buddy is just working fine. No special adjustments. :cool:
Make sure, that the cable is plugged in correctly. 5 pin to 7 pin ---> 3 possibilities! :roll:

Greez
Michael

Under I/O Midi Tab on the Axe

Right under turning the MIDI to Omni is a setting 'allow program change' which must also be on.

Not to sound like a jerk but do you have your MIDI cables plugged in to the right slots?

I used to use a Rolls and I had no problem communicating with the Axe.

The rolls has 2 ports. Try em' both. I was also thinking that I got a MIDI cable spun (pins off by one) here while back even though the dang thang is keyed.
I have 2 in tandem for 20 switches and it works fine.

You might try: Switch 1234 off and then set the Axe to receive on channel 1.
Switch 5 Off
Switch 6 to match your Axe Off = 0 to 127 On = 1 to 128

yeah i checked and rechecked, got it working with my ground control, so i think it's something with the rolls, i'll try that dip switch combo...

Back
Top Bottom