Help using MIDI with FM3 for Tempo and Block On/Off please!

Random Hero

Inspired
So I'm trying to use a MIDI controller with my FM3 for a few different things. I have scene changes working perfectly but can't seem to get Tap Tempo to work? I also want to turn Filter 1 On/Off with a long press of the same button but that's also not working?

The unit is receiving the MIDI commands for sure - MIDI light is flashing - but nothing actually changes. Using a @voes MX-5 by the way!

Any help would be great!

So I'm trying to use a MIDI controller with my FM3 for a few different things. I have scene changes working perfectly but can't seem to get Tap Tempo to work? I also want to turn Filter 1 On/Off with a long press of the same button but that's also not working?

The unit is receiving the MIDI commands for sure - MIDI light is flashing - but nothing actually changes. Using a @voes MX-5 by the way!

Any help would be great!
1. Did you changed following settings on the FM3?

SETUP - MIDI/REMOTE
Tab General
Midi Channel: 1
Display Offset: 0
Midi PC Offset: 0

Tab External
External Control 1: 1

Tab Other
Tempo Tap: 14
Tuner: 15
Preset Increment: none
Preset Decrement: none
Scene Select: 34

2. Maybe you are using the wrong commands.
Since you use a MX-5, which has only a Midi Out connector (although you can use Midi In if you use the M-Box or the MF-Cable) you are not able to sync data with the FM3.
That's why you need to use commands
"Scene/Snapshot" instead of "AFX3/FM3 - Scene"
"CC On Only CC14 Ch1" instead of "AFX3/FM3 - Tempo"
"CC On/Off CC15 Ch1" instead of "AFX3/FM3 - Tuner"

3. To turn on Filter1 On/off
SETUP - MIDI/REMOTE
Tab Bypass
Filter 1: set this to a CC other than 1, 14, 15 or 34 (they are already used see above). Let's assume you choose CC 60

Then on the MX-5 use the command:
"CC On/Off CC60 Ch1"

If you have a M-Box or the brand new MF-Cable (see below), you would be able to sync Midi data and programming would be easier. In that case you would use the special "AFX3/FM3" commands.

MF-Cable.jpg

MF-Cable MX-5 side.jpg
MF-Cable FM9 side.jpg

If you want more info on that or if you still can't solve the problem, send me a PM.

Best regards,

Patrick Voes

Back
Top Bottom