Help Understanding AX8 Outputs

Desperado

ive recently been programming the Fractal for Classic Rock and cover settings. I'm new to this Fractal world. I originally programmed a ton of presets and just ran into the front of an amp and used in-ears for the gigs. However I wanted a seperate control of volume for onstage that maintained the Fractal tone and warmth. So I've been going out left onto the power amp in. Better tone, but no control of volume. So I switched to output 2 into the power amp in. The tone is super warm, but now I get nothing out of output 1 which was running into a mixer to record. Only problem now, I have no control on the scene changes and assigned volumes. None of the output volumes, or scene volumes work or can go up or down. When I attach an effects loop it enables output 2 to work but cancels output 1. When removing the loop, I get output 1 back but it cancels the tone from the power amp in. So my question is how can I have my stored preset and scene volumes work normally through output 1, and transfer the tones through output 2 and into the power amp in for my now modifiable stage speaker? Forgive my obvious ignorance. Is this an easy fix. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

Start out with a layout similar to this.Template.jpg

Output 1 is FOH XLR (Main Out)
Output 2 is to power amp with no cab.

Both are independent of each other and add you effects on the main line as you would normally. Is that what you are referring to?

The FX LOOP passes audio to OUT 1 in the diagram above, so instead maybe start with something like this:AX8-Edit 2017-01-12 11-16-07.png

The FX LOOP passes audio to OUT 1 in the diagram above

Is that because of the line from Fx Loop to output (Fx Loop right next to output) whereas placing the FXloop at least a block away...(or showing with no line) only goes to 2?

Is that because of the line from Fx Loop to output (Fx Loop right next to output) whereas placing the FXloop at least a block away...(or showing with no line) only goes to 2?

The point is the left side of the FX loop block is the send which goes to out 2, the right side is the return. In the picture that signal is connected to the output block which goes to out 1. This would mean any signal received through the return would be added to the out 1 signal.

Template.jpg Ok Thanks. Unfortunately I made the template in haste from memory since neither computer nor AX8 were in front of me. After checking my AX8 I see that it does not have a line connecting the FX Loop to outlet. I have corrected my template.

Back
Top Bottom