Help - Restoring Factory Banks

Fro

Experienced
Hi All,

I wanted to restore the factory banks on my Standard and I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

I'm on a MacBook Pro running Sierra. I'm using an M-Audio Midisport 1x1 with SysEx Librarian. I backed up all of the banks, individual patches and system file using the "Dump To Midi" in the utility menu to SysEx Librarian with no problems at all. I can also send all of the individual patches back to the Standard with SysEx Librarian just by double clicking on the file in the list. But I can't send any of the full banks or the System File back to the Axe Fx. I thought that double clicking on any of the files would just automatically send them back, which is how it is working with the individual patches. I tried lowering the transmit speed, but the Axe Fx doesn't even show that it's even receiving the midi signal. It does clearly show that it is receiving the midi signal for the individual patches with the exact same process.

Can I only send the full banks with an old version of Axe-Edit? If so, can I run the old version on the same computer as the latest version, or do I have to track down an old computer for this? I did download the old Axe-Edit and started to go through the install process, but I was affray it was going to overwrite the current one. I'm just trying to restore the unit to factory specs. I read the wiki and searched online and the forum, and it sounds like what I'm doing should work. The Standard is on Firmware 11.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom